|The Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency is a security agency established to enforce law and order for the preservation of peace, safety and security in the Malaysian Maritime Zone and to coordinate search and rescue operations in the Malaysian Maritime Search and Rescue Region.
||In line with these function, we pledge to deliver the following:
- Deploy at least 7 vessels at sea per day in each maritime region to maintain presence and surveillance;
- Dispatch vessels within 30 minutes upon receipt of genuine tip-off or call for assistance;
- Deploy or coordinate assisting vessels to the location of distress within 2 hours from the receipt of such distress call;
- Provide report on the status of an offence to the not later than 2 weeks from the receipt of such request;and
- Provide feedback to complainant within 15 working days from the date a complaint is lodged.